The 33rd Ming Chuan Literary and Art Award Call for Papers is in preparation. It is expected that the briefing of the event will be announced in mid-November, so stay tuned!
MCU Literary and Arts Awards is held once per academic year, and the submissions include unpublished Literary Division (Chinese Novel, Chinese Prose, Modern Chinese Poetry, English Creative Writing), Image Division (Short Film, Campus Photography, Song Creation, Four-frame Cartoon).
四、徵文項目：文學類 (中文小說、中文散文、現代詩、英文創作)、影像類 (微電影、校園攝影、歌曲創作、四格漫畫)
|文學類||中文小說組 子題:不限||首 獎/獎金20,000元|
|中文散文組 子題:不限||首 獎/獎金8,000元
|英文創作組 子題:My Campus Life||首 獎/獎金8,000元|
|歌曲創作組 子題:青春之歌||首 獎/獎金10,000元
|四格漫畫組 子題:about疫情||首 獎/獎金6,000元|
The 33rd Guidelines
I. Host: Ming Chuan University General Secretary's Division
II. Cooperating Sponsor: Ming Chuan University Promoting Teaching Excellence Program Office and Extracurricular Activities Section in the Student Affairs Division
III.Participants: Students who are matriculating toward a degree at MCU(excluding Exchange Students)
IV.Submissions: unpublished Literary Division(Chinese Novel, Chinese Prose, Modern Chinese Poetry, English Creative Writing), Image Division (Short Film, Campus Photography, Song Creation, Four-frame Cartoon).
|Literary Division||Chinese Novel (Any Subject)||1st Prize:20,000|
|Chinese Prose (Any Subject)||1st Prize:8,000|
|English Creative Writing (My Campus Life)
|Modern Chinese Poetry (Any Subject)
|Image Division||Short Film (Youth campus)
|Campus Photography (Light)
|Song Creation (Song of Youth)||1st Prize:10,000|
|Four-frame Comic (About the epidemic)||1st Prize:6,000|
V.Submissions accepted: March 3, 2022
VI. Making a Submission
- For details about prizes, monetary awards, submission rules, submission form, evaluation procedures and copyright, please refer to the Enforcement Rules of each section.
- Methods: All submissions must be uploaded to the designated website according to specifications.
- Each student is limited as to the submissions per category, and persons who submit multiple winning entries in a given section will receive no more than two prizes.
- If no works reach the award standards, the reviewers may suggest no prize be awarded.
- This is a certified event for Ming Chuan University 10 Pillars Education –Aesthetics. The works approved to enter the 2nd round review by the judges as exhibiting a certain level of creativity will be issued a “Nomination Certificate” that can be used as evidence for Aesthetics pillar basic review. The top 3 winners may use their awards for the evidence for Excellent Aesthetics.
- Submissions must be submitted under the student’s own name without having been previously published, publically presented in any form, be in tort or plagiarized. Any awarded works proved to be plagiarized or in violation of Copyright Law will have the award rescinded or be disqualified.
- The intellectual property rights for all prize-winning works will belong to the authors/photographers; however, MCU possesses the right of usage.
- In accordance with Personal Information Protection Act, the information collected with the submission is only for the purposes of MCU Literary and Arts Awards. Information is processed according to Ming Chuan University (MCU) information maintenance and security management regulations and shall not be disclosed or provided to any third party without prior consent, nor transferred for any other uses. (For more details on personal information management, please refer to MCU Guidelines for Personal Information Protection Management and MCU Personal Information Management System at URL http://pims.mcu.edu.tw).
- Award-winning students must be present at the 32th MCU Literary and Arts Awards Ceremony (will be held in April 2021) and must submit a photograph of the awardee and an explanation of the significance of the work of 100 characters/words in length. Awardees will be given official leave from classes that day. Any absence will be taken as forfeiting the award.
- The award amount is a kind of labor income, so tax deductions apply in accordance with Tax Law of the Republic of China.
- Please contact the Journalism Section of the General Secretary's Division at (02)2882-4564, extensions 2324 for further details.
- All matters not specified above will be revised and then announced.
**In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Chinese and other language versions of this document, the Chinese version shall prevail.**