【767】Check Before You Enjoy Summer Vacation

The summer vacation is fast approaching, meaning the academic year is coming towards an end. Foreign students are reminded to renew their Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) at least two weeks before it expires. Those students who plan to spend the summer outside of Taiwan might want to renew their ARC before leaving the country so as to avoid any complications. A special reminder for those students who have enrolled in the National Health Insurance program (premiums paid and NHI card issued), you may retain benefits even if you leave Taiwan for vacation. As long as you still have a valid permit to remain in Taiwan, you still continue have coverage. What is the coverage under the NHI program? Basically, the insured is entitled to receive the following comprehensive medical benefits: 1. Outpatient service, impatient care and drugs that are provided by contracted medical care situations in the case of illness, injury or childbearing. 2. Preventive health care, such as children’s preventive health care, prenatal examinations and adult’s health examinations. 3. After receiving emergency treatment at a non-contracted medical institution in Taiwan, or at a medical institution overseas, beneficiaries may subsequently apply to the BNHI (Bureau of National Health Insurance) for cash reimbursement of medical expenses paid out-of-pocket. Reimbursements are made according to the fee schedules published by the BNHI. The claim for reimbursement should be made within six months after the unexpected occurrence with receipts, including English version of detailed service items and documents of diagnosis. To renew your ARC, you need a passport valid for at least six months, a completed multiple-purpose applications form for Foreign Residents, a certificate of enrollment, resident certificate, one 4.5cm x 3.5cm head & shoulder photo in color with white background and NT$1000. Bring these documents along with your passport and ARC to the immigration agency office that corresponds with your area of residence. Scholarship students should take along their scholarship certificates. Bring these documents along with your passport and ARC to the immigration agency office that corresponds with your area of residence. Taipei city residents should go to No. 15 GuangZhou St. Zhong Zheng District (take the MRT to Xiaonanmen) station; those living in Taipei County should go to No. 168 MinZu Rd. Banchiao City (take the MRT to Banciao) and those living in Taoyuan should go to 1F, No. 106, Xuan Fu Rd, Taoyuan. If you fail to renew your ARC before it expires, the law requires you to leave and then re-enter Taiwan before a renewal is granted. For further questions, please feel free to contact International Student Services Office.

➔ 歡迎轉載《銘傳一週》新聞,引用請註明出處