【Ming Chuan University Preventing the Invasion of COVID-19】
Ming Chuan University Notification upon Returning to School after the Tomb Sweeping Festival Long Weekend
Dear all faculty and staff members and students,
After the Tomb Sweeping Festival long weekend, the spread of COVID-19 hasn’t slowed, to allow students to keep on with their learning without worry, MCU has determined to strengthen campus disease prevention efforts from Apr. 7, 2020, and everyone needs to follow related regulations as below:
1.The university will enforce access control to prevent the spread of COVID-19 from Apr. 7, 2020; except for official university affairs, visitors can’t enter the university.
2. Please cooperate with temperature checks affairs when entering the university campus.
3. To protect yourself and other people, all faculty members and students need to wear surgical masks in classrooms.
4. To implement good public health management, everyone should cultivate the habit of washing hands frequently with soap and wearing surgical masks.
5. Open the all doors and windows of the classroom to maintain a flow of fresh air indoors.
6. Following the instructions from Central Epidemic Command Center regarding people entering and exiting Taiwan and participating in public activities, please avoid going abroad if there is no need or urgent reason. Please inform the university and take leave once you have a special need to go abroad.
7. Avoid participating in any group activities, estimating who will participate, the activity venue and the risk of participating is necessary before you participate in any activity; avoid entering any crowded places, and keep appropriate social distance with other people (1.5 meters indoors, and 1 meter outdoors).
8. During the disease containment period, to make disease investigation proceed smoothly, please honestly record your off-campus travel history, and all information regarding participation in meetings and activities. The university will follow related Merit or Demerit Regulations and investigate related liability should the university discover that faculty or staff members, or students concealed their actual travel history or meeting and activity participation information resulting in increased disease infection risk on campus.
9. Please inform your superior or class advisor if your family members or friends who live with you are now are conducting home quarantine, home isolation or carrying out self-management of health, and stay home with them; don’t come to the university campus until they complete home quarantine for 14 days.
10. People who carry out self-management of health should avoid travel outside or participating in any meetings or activities.
11. Please be familiar with Teams system and practice to use it well in case any special situation occurs.
Self-Health Management Notice after Spring Break
Dear colleagues and students,
Ⅰ. Students, faculty, and staff who have visited the 11 tourist attractions announced by the government, or other crowded places, during Spring Break are advised to conduct self-health management measures at home for 14 days from April 6 to April 19.
Ⅱ. During the 14-day period, faculty and students are advised to use distance teaching and learning and staff members should work from home. Please fill out the form and submit it to your department office or unit.
Ⅲ. 11ourist attractions announced by the government
- Cishan’s Old Street
- Southern areas of Nancho Township in Pingtung (including tourist spots in Kenting)
- Hutoupi Scenic Area in Tainan
- Guanziling in Tainan
- Beigang Chaotian Temple in Yunlin
- Dongdamen Tourist Night Market in Hualien
- Wen-hua Road area in Chiayi
- Alishan National Park
- Wusanto Reservoir
- Lake Scenic Area including Huching Resort Hotel
- Xingda Fishing Port in Kaohsiung
- Other crowded tourist spots
To get through COVID-19, let us cooperate together for disease containment!
For further relevant epidemic prevention measures on campus, please refer to the Announcement regarding Ming Chuan University Preventing the Invasion of COVID-19 at https://web.mcu.edu.tw/zh-hant/content/containment.