- 因應個人資料保護法，投稿者檢附的報名資料，僅供《銘傳一週》辦理此競賽使用、非經當事人同意，絕不閍做其他用途，亦不會公佈任何資訊，並遵循本校資料保存與安全控管辦理 (詳細個資管理可參閱「銘傳大學個人資料保護管理要點」與「銘傳大學個人資料保護專區」http://pims.mcu.edu.tw/)。
Popular Short Film Contest
To celebrate the coming publication of MC Weekly Volume 1000, and to promote the Facebook fans page of MC Weekly, the university is going to hold a Popular Short Film Contest. All students and faculty and staff members are eligible to participate in the contest. Let your creative juices flow with passion, and celebrate this special event together!
Journalism Section of General Secretary's Division at Ming Chuan University
1、All faculty and staff members, full-time students, and alumni are welcome to participate in the contest. One can choose to participate solo or as group (maximum 6 people as a group; choose one member as a representative to sign up for the contest.). Each applicant only can submit one film.
2、Participants in the contest need to have a Facebook account.
Focus on the theme of celebrating Vol. 1,000 MC Weekly; applicants should create their own creative film on campus.
▲ Video Specifications
- Elements: Films should display the logo of MC Weekly Volume 1000 at the end of the film for 3 seconds.
- Duration: Minimum film duration is 30 seconds (aside from the 3 seconds displaying logo at the end), and the maximum duration is 2 minutes (Each participants or group only can submit one film.).
3、Type: No limitation on the type of film (360-degree videos are not acceptable).
- Format: MPEG4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV (Must be a format that can be uploaded to Facebook).
- Resolution: 16:9 aspect ratio, 1080P, file size not over 1GB.
- Soundtrack: Soundtrack should be created by participants or creative commons music can be used (Participants should follow related regulations and include required information for authorized use of music at the end of the film.).
- A written statement of film theme and concept (limited to 150 words) should be added when uploading the film.
- Those films which meet the requirements above and pass the preliminary review will be included in the popular short film contest.
▲ Contest Period
Online Application and Film Uploading: From today through Monday, March 12, 2018 at 24:00.
Films Released to the Public: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 12 noon
Film Promotion on Facebook: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 12 noon to Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 12 noon
Judges Review Period: Until Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 12 noon (The MC Weekly Facebook fan page will be temporarily shut down for 2 hours).
Final Results Released: Monday, March 26 at 12 noon
▲ Review Standards
Video Reach 20%
Number of Sharing 20%
Number of Thumbs-up 20%
Number of Views 25%
Click though Rate 15%
▲ Contest Awards
Golden Award for 1 winner, who will receive monetary award of NTD 10,000 along with a certificate
Silver Award for 1 winner, who will receive monetary award of NTD 6,000 along with a certificate
Bronze Award for 1 winner, who will receive monetary award of NTD 6,000 along with a certificate
- Film theme should focus on celebrating Volume 1000 of MC Weekly.
- Before submitting the application, participants should read all the related regulations from the organizer and follow contest regulations. Participants may be counted as having defaulted if they do not follow regulations. If winners are found to not have followed the regulations, their award qualification will be rescinded and they will be required to return all related monetary awards and prizes.
- The contest will move into the review period after unqualified films such as films with incomplete information, films with different theme focus, films with intellectual property right infringement concerns, films with violent, indecency, politics, or religious content, and films which violate related regulations or university rules.
- Participants should enter original works in the contest which have not been released previously domestically or abroad. Participants should be the original creators of their entries and own the moral rights and property rights of the entries. Copying, imitating or infringing upon the rights and interests of others is not allowed in the contest, and participants cannot use any copyrighted pictures, articles, or artworks. The organizer has right to rescind participant’s qualification and award once if it is discovered that participants did not follow regulations.
- Upon submission of the application, participants agree to authorize the organizer the right to use all information comprising their entries (including the film, images, and film description, etc) for promotion, reporting, broadcast, and exhibition, for an unlimited period of use.
- Without organizer’s permission, none of the awarded films may be used for profit.
- During the event period, participants are prohibited from using improper means of promoting their entries, such as using malware or any other means that obviously infringes on the fairness of the contest, nor may they attempt to confuse or influence the final result. Participants’ qualifications and award may be cancelled by the organizer and they will also be responsible to bear their own damages and related legal liability should the organizer discover that any violations occurred.
- The monetary award of the contest is considered services income, which is subject to related tax regulations of the Republic of China for withholding and declaration.
- Following the Personal Information Protection Act, all the personal information from participants for contest submission is only for the purposes of MC Weekly Volume 1000 - Popular Short Film Contest. Information is processed according to Ming Chuan University (MCU) information maintenance and security management regulations and shall not be disclosed or provided to any third party without prior consent, nor transferred for any other uses. (For more details on personal information management, please refer to MCU Guidelines for Personal Information Protection Management and MCU Personal Information Management System at URL http://pims.mcu.edu.tw.)
- The organizer has the right to modify, change or cancel the contest; any change or modification of the contest will be notified on the event website after related affairs are handled by the organizer. Participants, please keep an eye on the website for the latest information. The organizer reserves the right of final decision in the case of any dispute.